Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Chicago Cubs...

Wrigley Field is so awesome! I didn’t get to try out every single seat, but I’m pretty certain that there isn’t a single bad seat in that stadium, or surrounding the stadium. The game was great! The Cubbies beat the Oakland A’s 6 to 2.

I’ve wanted to visit Chicago and go to a Cubs’ game for a while. I’ve been to Chicago several times, but always for work and never for any length of time that allowed me to see much of the city. So, Mellissa bought tickets and we braved the “L” to Wrigley… we consumed the nachos of death, drank that horrible Old Style beer, which we were informed is the “official” beer of the Chicago Cubs… uh, they need to upgrade, and we cheered, shouted and sang along with Cedric the Entertainer for the 7th Inning Stretch.   


 We both bought the same shirt, but agreed to check with each other before wearing it so that we don't both wear it at the same time. I couldn't believe the circus of street vendors outside the stadium, it was crazy and nothing like I have EVER seen at a Mariner's game. The only mayhem after an M's game is the rush to get the closest place that serves cold beer.







No comments:

Post a Comment